SodaStream


Thinking about all the money the average family spends on soda you could probably make a couple car payments with that, and then some. When I heard of SodaStream, a machine that allowed you to create your own soda creations at home, I was skeptical that it would taste like real soda. I have tried those store brand drinks and they do not even come close to what real soda tastes like. The SodaStream system includes products to make fresh, fizzy, sparkling water and soda at home.
With the SodaStream machine there is no electricity used, and no batteries needed. It is actually a very easy process, and really does take less than 30 seconds to make. Simply use cold water and fill up the bottle that comes with the starter kit. Screw the bottle onto the machine. Press the button on top until you hear about three buzzes or carbonate to your liking. Put the lid on quick, turn it upside down a couple times and that's all there is to it! Very easy! It took us a couple times to get the right carbonation mix, but now that we know how much to add, there is always a full bottle in our fridge. I think it comes very close to the "real" soda taste. My husband on the other hand is real picky and won't drink it unless there is absolutely nothing else to drink.

Pros -
  • Quick & Easy to make
  • Saves money in the long run
  • Many different flavors / varieties
  • Regular soda mix contains no high fructose corn syrup and diet soda mix contains no aspartame
  • All-natural MyWater flavor essences are unsweetened and calorie-free
  • Each 500ml soda mix bottle makes the equivalent of 12 liters (about 33 cans!) of soda
  • Eco-Friendly - Reusable bottles reduces packaging
  • Comes real close to the taste of "real" soda
Cons -
  • Start up cost is a bit high (but so is a case of soda at the store)
  • Tastes does take a bit getting use to, but that goes with most anything
For more information on SodaStream visit www.sodastreamusa.com The start up kit starts at $99.00. They have a wide range of over 25 regular, diet, energy and caffeine-free flavors.

Disclosure: Thank you SodaStream for providing a product for a review. No other compensation was received.

6 comments:

  1. We go through so much pop, the SodaStream seems like just what we need. I can not imagine how much money we'd save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try this for a while now. I really want to try it now that they have a flaver comparable to Diet Mt Dew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these all over and would love to try it with my family! I really love the fact you can get some flavors without high fructose corn syrup! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have the SodaStream for a Christmas gift....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have the SodaStream as a gift for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to have one of these too. I love the variety of flavors

    ReplyDelete